SEN Teaching Assistant – PMLD – Uxbridge
Vision Teaching is recruiting SEN Teaching assistants to work in an SEN primary school located in Redbridge. The school are looking for friendly dedicated SEN teaching assistants who can support their pupils who have PMLD, you will be working potentially 1:1 and in small groups. You will be responsible for engaging between working with small mixed ability groups and supporting the classroom teacher. Please note, for this role you must be comfortable with personal care.
- SEN Teaching Assistant/Learning Support Assistant – Post 16 PMLD
- Uxbridge – Full time
- After Easter
- £75-90 per day, depending on experience
As an SEN teaching assistant, the successful applicant will hold a number of responsibilities. This is the ideal opportunity for candidates who want to gain more experience in the rewarding field of SEN.
- Helping pupils access the curriculum through dedicated support, 1:1 or in small groups
- Personal care
- Join a hardworking and dedicated team of practitioners
- Making and creating resources
- Helping to raise the attainment of the students
- Supporting the needs of students with SEND
- To develop teaching techniques and communication skills
- Adapt techniques to suit learners
- To monitor and track pupil progress
- Take on feedback to continually improve your practice
The ideal candidate will ideally have:
- NVQ Level 2/3 Teaching Assistant qualification or equivalent
- Experience of working with children or young people who have SEND, specifically PMLD
- PECS and Makaton trained
- A confident manner and will be able to adapt well to different situations
- A genuine passion for working with SEND
- Available to commit to at least July 2022
If you are interested, please apply below.
When you apply with Vision Teaching, you don’t just get a job, you become part of our community!
- Competitive rates of pay & we refund the cost of your DBS after you have worked 10 days for us
- Free Team Teach training & opportunities to progress your career through our CPD courses with our head of CPD Siobhan Casey. Including TA behaviour management, Phonics, Mental Health awareness and introduction to SEND
- Our team has on average over 7.5 years education recruitment experience and can provide you with professional support and advice to help you find your ideal role
- There are lots of opportunities to earn extra money including recommended a friend and earn £150, write a blog for us and earn £20 & you can also take part in our prize draws as last year we gave away a 5 star holiday to a support worker
- Vision Teaching is in the top 10 Education Recruitment agencies in the UK, with 9/10 on rate my teaching agency, 4.7/5 on Facebook and 4.7/5 on Google
- Vision Teaching won Recruitment Company of the Year in December 2021
- We are passionate about providing our educators with regular & consistent work even during COVID
- We hold social events such as breakfast catch up’s, evening socials, quiz’s, and trips, so our educators get maximum enjoyment out of their roles & working with Vision Teaching
- Vision Teaching actively give back to the communities we work with which includes funding mental health programmes in schools, volunteering time and money to the Felix project, hosting football tournaments for school staff, giving resources away to schools, sponsoring school based projects and we celebrate the amazing work you do in schools with our educator of the month
Vision Teaching Ltd was established in February 2007 to be a different type of educational recruiter, one that was committed to excellent customer service and building long-term relationships. We are one of the most successful independent education recruitment companies in London. Throughout our time we have filled over 400,000 bookings, successfully placed almost 5000 educators into roles and worked with over 1,140 schools. We solely focus on London, attracting and retaining quality staff so that we can make a real difference to pupils in our partner schools. We proactively recruit for all school-based positions, prioritising staff with education-based experience, from leadership to qualified teachers and all types of school support staff.
Here at Vision Teaching we work with hundreds of schools all over London, who rely on us to help cover their recruitment needs, we believe in matching the right educator, to the right school, so they can make a difference to the lives of pupils and ultimately raise attainment.
As a result of great start to the year, we are working with 200 partner schools and have hundreds of live vacancies! If you’re looking to get more out of your future, we think you’ll love life with Vision Teaching. We recruit high calibre people with the skills, knowledge and commitment to meet the demands of our partner schools.
To find similar SEND Teaching Assistant roles and register for more fantastic opportunities within primary schools, apply now or visit our website www.visionteaching.co.uk/jobs
Job Reference: SB7447_1646214453
Salary: £75 - £90 per day
Salary From: £75
Salary To: £90
Job Industries: SEND
Job Locations: Hillingdon, London
Job Types: Contract
Job Skills: SEN Teaching Assistant, 1:1 Support, One to One Support, Learning Support Assistant, SEN TA, SEN LSA