- Do you have experience in dealing with children with Autism?
- Do you hold a registered qualification in the understanding of Autism, are looking to apply the skills learnt into a practical school setting?
- Do you have interest in developing the skills of an individual who may often struggle in adapting to the demands of mainstream school?
- Are you interested in leaning about the differing complexities that children with Autism often face in school?
A school in Wandsworth is looking for an Autism specialist to join the team of support staff in January 2022. It is vital that the given individual will have experience in the effectively helping a child or group of children with Autism. Those with a registered qualification specific to Autism are encouraged to apply, as well as those who may hold qualifications in other areas linked to SEN. Additionally, those who have worked with children with autism in a community setting are also welcomed to apply. As a specialist related to Autism, it is important to note that the support required will not just be within the classroom. Therefore, aiding the given student both at break times and in getting around the school site is very important.
Key aspects of this role are as follows:
- Developing adequate educational resources that are specifically suitable for those with Autism.
- Ensuring that the given child (or children) are catered for in both a pastoral sense and within the classroom itself.
- Being able to logistically plan and organise a child’s day, ensuring that they are fully supported throughout.
- Communicating with parents regularly, to ensure that there are effective action plans in place to fully maximise the capabilities of the given child.
- Assisting a teacher in ensuring that the child has clear and achievable expectations to meet.
- Pay – £300-375 per week, based on prior experience.
The school has excellent transport links from Wimbledon station
Benefits of working with Vision Teaching:
- Competitive pay rate (Inner London) Paid Weekly
- Temp to perm contracts
- Tailored CPD for cover supervisors
- Career progression and potential teaching pathways available
- 24/7 access to a personal consultant who is an expert in Education recruitment
- Access to a large range of partner schools and teaching support opportunities across London
Job Reference: MF6981_1638258387
Salary: £70 - £90 per day
Salary From: £70
Salary To: £90
Job Industries: SEND Support
Job Locations: Wandsworth, London
Job Types: Contract
Job Skills: Primary, Teaching Assistant, Primary Support, ASD, Autism, SEMH, PMLD, Behaviour Support, Behaviour Management