- Why Vision?
- CPD & Resources
- Blog & Insights
- About us
SEND TA – Down Syndrome
This wonderful school based in Merton are seeking to appoint a SEND TA with experience working with pupils with Down syndrome. Ideally, they’ll have experience in both 1:1 and small group settings and can support children with their individual needs.
They are looking for a kind, enthusiastic, and hardworking TA that can assist children with Down syndrome, both in the classroom and during playtime. The school would like someone who has had experience in a similar setting and experience or knowledge of working with Down syndrome children.
This role would match with a candidate that wants to further their career within the sector whilst also helping to improve outcomes for children with Down Syndrome.
The successful applicant will:
* Be able to build professional, positive, and trusting relationships with children, their families, and members of staff
* Be consistent and resilient
* Have experience of working with SEND pupils
* Understand and be an advocate for better outcomes for SEND children
* Be creative when it comes to finding solutions for difficulties the children may face
The school can offer:
* A welcoming team who offer support when needed
* Regular training to stay up to date with SEND Code of practice
* A community of people who want the best outcomes for all students
Benefits of working with Vision Teaching: