Vision Teaching is recruiting Support Workers to work in an SEN school located in the London Borough of Hillingdon. As a support worker, you will be responsible for supporting individuals who need help emotionally and practically and to help them gain independence. Support work covers an array of areas such as mental health, challenging behaviour, learning disabilities and physical disabilities. A highly rewarding position that suits outgoing people who love to interact and promote independence.
Support Worker – The school
The school are looking for friendly dedicated care assistants who can support their pupils who have special educational needs and disabilities, you will be working potentially 1:1 and in small groups. You will be responsible for engaging between working with small mixed ability groups and supporting the classroom teacher. Please note, for this role you must have experience in personal care, feeding and changing.
Support Worker – The position
- Helping pupils access the curriculum through dedicated support in 1:1 or small groups
- Join a hardworking and dedicated team of practitioners
- Making and creating resources
- Carry out personal care, feeding and changing
- Supporting the needs of students with special educational needs and disabilities
- To work alongside and learn from a talented and supportive team of teachers
- To develop communication skills
- Adapt techniques to suit learners
- To monitor and track pupil progress
- Take on feedback to continually improve your practice
Support Worker – Ideal candidate will have:
- NVQ Level 2/3 Health and Social Care
- Experience of working with those who have special educational needs and disabilities
- A confident manner and will be able to adapt well to different situations
- A genuine passion for working with special educational needs and disabilities
- Happy to carry out personal care, feeding and changing
- Available to commit to at least July 2022
- Experience working with people who have special educational needs and disabilities
- Enthusiastic, resilient, and positive approach
- Must have legal right to work in the UK
Why Vision Teaching?
- Wide range of roles and progression opportunities
- Flexible registration procedures
- Market-leading pay rates – paid to scale
- Your needs are prioritised
- Recommend a friend to Vision Teaching and you could receive a referral bonus of up to £150.
If you are looking for a rewarding role in education and want to make difference, we would love to hear from you!
Vision Teaching is a committed Equal Opportunities Employer and will not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, ethnicity, disability or sexual orientation
Job Reference: SB7954_1658388247
Salary: £75 - £90 per day
Salary From: £75
Salary To: £90
Job Industries: SEND Support
Job Locations: Hillingdon, London
Job Types: Contract
Job Skills: SEN Teaching Assistant, 1:1 Support, One to One Support, Learning Support Assistant, SEN TA, SEN LSA