I am currently working with a mainstream primary school in Stanwell who are seeking a full time Year 6 Class Teacher from September 2022. The post will be ongoing and previous experience teaching KS2 would be ideal.
The school is classed as ‘fringe’ but the Head is happy to pay for inner London pay scale for the right candidate.
- Teach a class of pupils, and ensure that planning, preparation, assessment and reporting meet their varying learning and social needs.
- Assess and record progress and prepare pupils for assessment.
- Link pupils knowledge to earlier learning and develop ways to encourage it further, and challenge and inspire pupils to help them deepen their knowledge and understanding.
- Contribute to constructive team-building amongst teaching and non-teaching staff, parents and governors.
- Ensure that the current national conditions of employment for school teachers are met.
The Class Teacher will:
- Seek to raise standards in all curriculum areas for all children at all levels.
- Implement agreed school policies and guidelines.
- Support initiatives decided by the Head teacher and staff.
- Plan appropriately to meet the needs of all pupils, through differentiation of tasks.
- Be able to set clear targets, based on prior attainment, for pupils’ learning.
- Provide a stimulating classroom environment, where resources can be accessed appropriately by all pupils, displaying children’s work creatively.
- Keep appropriate and efficient records, integrating formative and summative assessment into weekly and termly planning.
- Report to parents on the development, progress and attainment of pupils.
- Maintain discipline amongst pupils, in accordance with the school’s behaviour policy; encouraging good practice with regard to punctuality, behaviour, standards of work and homework.
- Review changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum and update knowledge as and when required.
- Operate safely within the workplace and maintain a high standard of practice.
- Behave professionally, maintain a professional dress code and confidentiality of information.
To be put forward for this position you must either be registered or be prepared to register with Vision, to go through all of the necessary vetting procedures. For this position you must have sound KS2 curriculum knowledge, I am looking to set up interviews immediately.
Job Reference: 9564_1654848656
Salary: £180 - £260 per day
Salary From: £180
Salary To: £260
Job Industries: Primary
Job Locations: Stanwell Moor, Surrey
Job Types: Contract
Job Skills: KS2 Teacher, Y6 Teacher, QTS, FQT, Stanwell, Primary