Vision Teaching is a recruitment business which provides work-finding services to its clients and work-seekers. Vision Teaching must process personal data (including sensitive personal data) so that it can provide these services – in doing so, Vision Teaching acts as a data controller. The Data Protection Officer for Vision Teaching is Craig Sanders.
You may give your personal details to Vision Teaching directly, such as on an application or registration form or via our website, or we may collect them from another source such as a jobs board. The Company must have a legal basis for processing your personal data. For the purposes of providing you with work-finding services and/or information relating to roles relevant to you we will only use your personal data in accordance with the terms of the following statement.
Vision Teaching holds personal data on individuals for the following general purposes:
- Staff Administration
- Advertising, marketing and public relations
- Accounts and records
- Administration and processing of work-seekers personal data for the purposes of work-finding services
The categories of information we collect, process, hold and share include:
- Name, address, contact details
- Teacher reference number
- National insurance number
- Qualifications (and, where relevant, subjects taught)
- Right to work in the UK information
Sensitive Personal Data:
- Criminal record
- Physical or mental health or condition
- Racial or ethnic origin
- Religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature
- Start dates
- Hours worked
- Positions held
- Salary information
- Work absence information
Vision Teaching will collect your personal data (which may include sensitive personal date) and will process this data for the purposes of providing you with work-finding services. The legal bases we rely upon to offer these services to you are:
- Legitimate interest:
Where Vision Teaching has relied on a legitimate interest to process your personal data our legitimate interests is as follows:
- To provide work finding services to both candidates and clients as part of our business. We process personal data to be able to provide these services. We need to check the identity of candidates, their right to work and qualifications as well as process pay and mange entitlement to certain statutory rights. It is the legitimate interest of all parties involved – Vision Teaching, the work seeker and the client – that Vision Teaching can process personal data.
Whilst the majority of information you provide to us is mandatory, some of it is provided to us on a voluntary basis. In order to comply with data protection legislation we will inform you whether you are required to provide information to us or if you have a choice in this.
Your personal data is required by law and/or a contractual requirement (e.g. our client may require this personal data), and/or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract. You are obliged to provide the personal data and if you do not the consequences of failure to provide the data are:- Retraction of contract / position
The Company may transfer only the information you provide to us to countries outside the European Economic Area (‘EEA’) for the purposes of providing you with work-finding services. We will take steps to ensure adequate protections are in place to ensure the security of your information. The EEA comprises the EU member states plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein.
Vision Teaching will retain your personal data only for as long as is necessary. Different laws require us to keep different data for different periods of time.
The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003, require us to keep work-seeker records for at least one year from (a) the date of their creation or (b) after the date on which we last provide you with work-finding services.
We must also keep your payroll records, holiday pay, sick pay and pensions auto-enrolment records for as long as is legally required by HMRC and associated national minimum wage, social security and tax legislation.
For safeguarding and child protection reasons Vision Teaching will keep work-seeker records, personal and sensitive data including criminal history and references for five years after the date on which we last provide you with work-finding services.
Where the Vision Teaching has obtained your consent to process your personal and sensitive personal data, we will do so in line with our retention policy. Upon expiry of that period the Company will seek further consent from you. Where consent is not granted the Company will cease to process your personal and sensitive personal data.
Please be aware that you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to be informed about the personal data the Company processes on you:
- The right of access to the personal data the Company processes on you:
- The right to rectification of your personal data:
- The right to erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances:
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data:
- The right to data portability in certain circumstances:
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data that was based on a public or legitimate interest:
- The right not to be subjected to automated decision making and profiling, and:
- The right to withdraw consent at any time:
Where you have consented to Vision Teaching processing your personal data and sensitive personal data you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time by contacting Craig Sanders, 0207 430 7120, email@example.com.
Vision Teaching may have sourced your personal date/sensitive personal data by the following means:
-Job Boards (such as CV Library, or Indeed)
-Social Media (such as Facebook, Linkedin or Instagram)
-Your direct application
If you wish to complain about this privacy notice or any of the procedures set out in it please contact: Craig Sanders, 0207 430 7120, firstname.lastname@example.org.
You also have the right to raise concerns with Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113 or at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/, or any other relevant supervisory authority should your personal data be processed outside of the UK, if you believe that your data protection rights have not been adhered to.